After announcing their microRemote system at NAB and shocking everyone with it’s functionality and price point, they are at it again with the announcement of their new microEVF. Â Announced just yesterday at the PhotoCineExpo, the microEVF (Electronic View Finder) is priced at $595 and is designed to be high resolution for critical focusing.
Some of the features
- A full color HD viewfinder designed specifically for the compact, lightweight needs of HDSLR cameras. The microEVF weighs in at less than 8oz.
- Ultra-high resolution display that is higher resolution than the Canon EOS camerasâ€™ rear LCD and even the Red BOMB EVF from Red Digital Cinema.
- LED backlight maintains bright crisp picture with minimal power consumption
- Electronic assist features that will be announced closer to production release
- Infinitely configurable mounting options to position the microEVF exactly where desired
- Self-contained battery and low power consumption for a full dayâ€™s continuous viewing
I was watching a YouTube video on the 7D and the narrator hinted that the audio isn’t so great. How do you get audio with DSLRs. thanks
Most HDSLRs have a built in mic which is okay. Some have an external mic input that you can use a mic like the Rode Videomic with. Otherwise, the best option is to use a Zoom H4n and record audio separate from the camera and sync it later in post.