We heard a little bit about the Redrock M3 at NAB 2010, but now we’ve finally got all the details on their new DOF Adapter. Â Redrock was best known for their M2 adapter which has been a hugely popular tool for filmmakers. Â The M3 is promised to improve upon the original design in every way.
The M3 is as close as you will get to perfection in a lens adapter, delivering razor sharp images with a beautiful look, wrapped in a rugged professional body and support system. The many technical achievements and enhancements of the M3 include:
- Monster oversized optics delivery approximately Â¼ stop: nearly transparent operation
- High rpm spinning ground glass enables stopping the lens down to f16 or more without showing grain
- State of the art power system with locking lemo-style connectors, auxiliary power ports, rechargeable batteries, and power status indicators
- Pro housing: uni-body design, precision machined aluminum, hard anodized finish, rubberized weather-resistant port covers, cleaning port, and fully gasketed for silent operation
- Tool-less setup and operation, including new baseplate with thumbscrews, and breach lock camera connector, and integrated flip optics
As good as the M3 looks, it will be interesting to see if it becomes a “go-to” tool in a world of HDSLR shooters and the upcoming AF100.