Magic Lantern changed the way a lot of people shot video on their Canon DSLR cameras. In its earliest phase, ML added features commonly found in most video cameras to the Canon 5D MkII and T2i/550D. The 5D MkII hadn’t received an update for quite awhile since Trammell Hudson, the creator of Magic Lantern, has been busy on other projects. But now we hear that the ML team has created a brand new version of the popular firmware hack and it packs quite a few new features.
- Totally redone menus
- Enhanced audio options
- False color for exposure verification
- Quick access to ISO menu
- Crop marks no longer in separate file
- Audio enhancements
- New ‘AJ’ menu and ML save settings on CF card
- Magic Circle enhancement to check focus with magnification
- ‘Help’ in the menu system – hints at what the settings do
- and much more…
For a complete rundown of the features and a download link, visit planet5D’s post.