Magic Lantern changed the way a lot of people shot video on their Canon DSLR cameras. In its earliest phase, ML added features commonly found in most video cameras to the Canon 5D MkII and T2i/550D. Â The 5D MkII hadn’t received an update for quite awhile since Trammell Hudson, the creator of Magic Lantern, has been busy on other projects. Â But now we hear that the ML team has created a brand new version of the popular firmware hack and it packs quite a few new features.
- Totally redone menus
- Enhanced audio options
- False color for exposure verification
- Quick access to ISO menu
- Crop marks no longer in separate file
- Audio enhancements
- New â€˜AJâ€™ menu and ML save settings on CF card
- Magic Circle enhancement to check focus with magnification
- â€˜Helpâ€™ in the menu system â€“ hints at what the settings do
- and much more…
For a complete rundown of the features and a download link, visit planet5D’s post.