Nikon announced the new D5100 which features auto focus, 1080p 30 & 24 fps video recording and an articulating screen all packed into a very small form factor. $800 gets you the camera body or for $900 you can also get the 18-55mm VR kit lens.
- 3″ Vari-Angle 921K Resolution LCD
- High Res 16.2 MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- 1080p HD Movies w/Full Time Autofocus
- In-Camera Special Effects Mode
- Fast 11-Point Autofocus System
- In-Camera HDR (High Dynamic Range)
- ISO Sensitivity 100-6400
- Built-In Speedlight Flash With i-TTL
- 16 Automatic Exposure Scene Modes
- Automatic Image Sensor Cleaning
Nikon also announced the ME-1, new external unidirectional stereo microphone.