The consumer line of DSLRs has the quickest product development turn around for Canon. This means it’s time for the next iteration in the Rebel series of cameras. The T4i adopts some hand-me-down features from Canon’s new 5D MkIII while adding some of it’s own, namely video autofocus and touch screen controls. The T4i is the first Canon HDSLR to offer continuous autofocus while shooting video. This is handy for consumers who haven’t gotten the hang of using the focus ring of the camera to chase their kids around the house. Also, the film screen of the camera which many have come to appreciate, now features touch based controls.
- STM Lens Support for Quiet AF in Movies
- 18.0MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 5 Image Processor
- 3.0″ Vari-Angle Touch Screen LCD
- ISO 100-12800, Expandable to 25600
- Full HD Movie Mode with Continuous AF
- 5.0 FPS Continuous Shooting
- 9-Point All Cross-Type AF System
- Multi Shot Noise Reduction
- Compatible with Canon EF and EF-S Lenses
In addition to the new T4i, Canon announced a brand new lens. The Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM is the first pancake lens from Canon. Pancake lenses are super portable and light weight making the T4i or any Rebel camera even more portable.